after the storm

after the storm
Welcome autumn!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

picture fall, week two...

This is the second installment on my photos for Picture Fall. I take one photo each day, following the prompt that is given to us. For example, the prompt for the last picture of the glass was "unexpected enchantment", finding the magic in an ordinary object. I actually take many photos each day, but only post the one or two that I think are the best on the workshop site. Tracey's next workshop is "Picture the Holidays".

























When I took this glass outside, I was surprised to see all the color and reflections.

10 comments:

The Tablescaper said...

Such beautiful and inspriational photography. They are quite thought provoking.

- The Tablescaper

Anonymous said...

Not taking this course, I always try to guess what the prompts were! Lovely photos as always; love the glass and your beautiful bowl filled with pinecones.

a quiet life said...

its fun watching you play~

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Barbara,
your photos are like paintings - wonderful and full of art.
Greetings, Johanna

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

That glass is beautiful--the stem seems almost liquid. Your photos are always inspiring to me--after I see your blog I want to get up and try some for myself! Linda

Lulu said...

A photo sharing workshop...tell me more. Is this online or a local exercise? In any case, your shots are just getting better and better, and I can't wait to see what comes next.

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

Barbara, fabulous photographs! I have that same glass -- the colors surprised me, too... Beautiful!

Sketchy said...

You know Barbara, every photo I think oh that's gorgeous, that's my favorite. And then I see the next one and think, Oh that's gorgeous, that's my favorite!

Jan said...

Barbara! Thanks To Sketchy I found you again! Your photos are gorgeous!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Barbara,

OMG! I love your photos. It seems that you are thinking outside the box, and you are inspiring me to do the same.

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment today. I love the labels that you made for your bottles in the top post too.

Take care,

Kathy