after the storm

after the storm
Welcome autumn!

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

gathering...

We were so lucky to have my sister and brother-in-law visit this weekend.  It called for a celebration.  The weather called for having it outside.  It was the perfect evening.  Dinner around this table always makes me happy.
We had our annual soup party.  Because we were a small group this year, we only had three kinds of soup, tortilla, albondigas, and chili (which I know is not officially a soup but it fit).
Unmatched vintage silverplate, a weathered crate, lanterns, plaid and pumpkins - these are a few of my favorite things.  Don't you love that one in the center?  All those bumps!
















Leaves are from our oak trees that won't change color until January.  Other things just gathered from the grocery and ground.                                                                                                                                                                                 





Dessert (apple pie, brownies and roasted marshmallows) around the firepit with the stars in the sky.  Oh, how I love this time of year!  I hope you are enjoying your autumn too.

There are some beautiful fall tablescapes at Between Naps on the Porch. 

13 comments:

Barbara said...

Always love your table settings and I have missed them, just perfect and lovely.

Dotti said...

You definitely do the most gorgeous, creative and original tablescapes ever! (And I'm still basking in the joy of actually meeting you. For reals!)

a quiet life said...

So gorgeous I always love your photography~

terriporter said...

You create the most uniquely beautiful tablescapes and I always LOVE seeing them! Your menu sounds perfect and I'm sure was enjoyed by all. So great to get together last week!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Oh how I love YOUR table! I wish we could be eating outside but it is 54 degrees with VERY windy conditions. But we have had an exceptionally warm Fall so I am not complaining. I love your lanterns and that beautiful runner. The centerpiece is gorgeous, and yes, I love bumpy pumpkins:):) Have a beautiful weekend!!! I am hosting 9 ladies here tomorrow, then all the Fall will get put away and out comes Christmas:):)

candlelightsupper said...

Gorgeous table! So beautiful to use Nature's bounty. Your centerpiece is perfection. Love your place settings as well. You are very talented.

Adam Hazlett said...

What a wonderful tablescape! I love that large pumpkin as well! That sprig on the napkin is perfect and the soups sound good too!

Mustlovehome said...

Hi, I am popping over from Must Love Home. What a gorgeous tablescape...you have put something together that looks like it should be out of a stylish magazine. I love,love the outdoor setting!! Have a wonderful weekend!! Hugs- Christine

Pink Camellias said...

Such a lovely party - love the table decor!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

What a great table- love the weathered crate and the pumpkins. The menu sounds like it was great. We're all bundled up here and waiting for snow although it's actually been warm (for us 60 deg.) lately and heading for the 20's by the weekend. Brr...

Wenni Donna said...

Amazing tablescape! Really liked it very much. Planning to arrange my best friend’s birthday party and booked an amazing LA venue. Searching for excellent tablescape ideas and hope this information will help me in decorating this venue.

jagbir said...

Usually, I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man. Best article I have ever read

Keep it up!

Shelly said...

What a beautiful table setting! I wish I had the talent and patience to attempt something like this.