Sunday, December 26, 2010

he gave me autumn...

I love autumn. I feel like I come alive again when that first cool day comes. We take a day trip or three every fall to spend some time among the changing leaves. It is never enough for me. I love living in the desert but the one thing I always wish for is changing leaves right here. I have some deciduous plants but I want color. I want red and gold.

WB is a magical gift giver. He never fails to delight me. There are oak trees that are happy in the desert and he found them. Never, EVER did I think he could give me autumn for Christmas but he did.

4 comments:

food for thought said...

i feel your joy~

Mariette said...

Dearest Barbara,

We got all kind of Garden Aristocrats from The Durio Nursery in Louisiana http://www.durionursery.biz/
and you are very lucky for having received one that is suited for your dessert climate! Those leaves look so huge and lush in a perfect Scarlet red... Enjoy your Autumn at Christmas!

Lots of love,

Mariette's Back to Basics

Karen said...

What a fabulous gift! I'll bet WB had as much fun finding it as you did receiving it!

Diana said...

Really love your images Barbara! Met you on Picture the Holidays!