after the storm

after the storm
Welcome autumn!

Friday, March 4, 2011

march forth...


Today is my son's birthday. He has grown from a shy little boy, interested in so many things into a man, interested in so many things. He holds his friends and his family close with an open, loving heart. He loves books, music, basketball and the outdoors. He makes me laugh and think. I would love hanging out with him, even if he wasn't my son. He has traveled the world and dedicated his life to the public service of our country. March forth, indeed.

This is one of his photos (I believe from London), taken on film with my father's old camera.

5 comments:

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

Happy Birthday to your son! Our children grow up so fast, don't they? I love the picture he took -- and that it was taken with his grandfather's old camera makes it that much more wonderful! (Happy Birthday to Mom and Dad, too!) P.S. What beautiful desert snow pics you posted the other day!

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hello,
Congratulation to your son and to you, to have such a son. But in the end, you teached him to be how he is. The picture is gorgeous. I hope you have the opportunity to have a nice Birthday party with your son.
Best greetings, Johanna

Joelle said...

What a wonderful tribute to Matthew! My uncle's birthday is also today and my best friend is being induced today!!! March 4th is a wonderful day for a birthday, don't you think?!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Barbara,

Happy birthday to all of you! You sound like you can be proud as a parent looking back... That's life and it is good that the love is there and remains between you.
Enjoy this special day and have a wonderful weekend!

Mariette

Diana said...

Love coming to visit you, Barbara! So thrilled I could join the community at Picture Inspiration!