after the storm

after the storm
Welcome autumn!

Friday, October 14, 2011

butterflies...


I am always happy when they are around. Today, I was photographing them with my zoom lens, from about 6 feet away. They didn't seem bothered by me so I tried my macro lens and was inches away. I photographed them until it got too warm, which by the way, is not supposed to happen in October.



They are on a plant called a "butterfly weed". It indeed attracts the butterflies. It indeed is a weed. It is somehow prettier in pictures than in real life. If not for these photos today, it may have had a short stay in the garden.

6 comments:

Marigene said...

Great photos, Barbara!

marymn said...

Oh Barbara, these are wonderful. I especially love the angle of the first and the full view of the last. Fabulous job here as always!!!!

xinex said...

Beautiful photos, Barbara! We have a lot of them too and they like to hang around the lantanas....Christine

Cathy H. said...

Gorgeous! I'm still everyday amazed at the beauty of nature! And you capture it so well!

GailO said...

Incredible!! I didn't see many of these this year... It has been unseasonably hot here in RI this autumn too...I'm not sure if I like it:)

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous pictures, wow:)