after the storm

after the storm
Welcome autumn!

Friday, April 12, 2013

a rose is a rose is a rose...

I am a flower lover but roses are not my favorites until they start blooming in my garden. Then I can't imagine loving another flower more. Whenever they are not blooming, I wonder why I don't use the space for something else. The April comes and I remember...
And the names! The names are so much fun. Yes, we enjoy dinner on the patio surrounded by Sexy Rexy, Barbra Streisand, McCartney (if they came out with a Lennon, Starr and Harrison, I would not be able to resist), Queen Elizabeth and Marilyn Monroe.

In case you would like a cup of tea with Marilyn, here you go:


Hope spring is finding you too!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Your yard must be wonderful this time of year or any time for that matter. There were a couple of roses at the Botanical that I got a shot of when I went back this week. Nothing like home grown roses. The one I photographed looked like your Marilyn.